STAY ON YOUR FEET FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!
GIVE YOURSELF (OR A LOVED ONE) THE GIFT OF BALANCE… ENROLL IN A WORKSHOP AND BALANCE CLASS TODAY
… and that’s what fall prevention is all about – preventing serious falls along with the pain, inconvenience, and debilitating results that accompany them.
Remember Humpty Dumpty?
Human beings, especially older ones, break when they fall too and even though medicine is making great strides, they’re NEVER going to put you back as good as you were before you fell.
One of the most common fears of older adults is the fear of falling. Not only do you want to avoid the possible injury that falling might bring, but you also want to avoid being an inconvenience to your family. But mostly, you don’t want to lose the ability to maintain your independent way of life.
Here’s the good news: Over 50% of all falls can be prevented!
Here’s what fall prevention involves:
Education will give you power. You cannot prevent a fall if you don’t know what is causing you to lose your balance.
- The first thing you must do is learn what is causing you to fall.
- It could be something you can control or it could be a condition that you have little control over.
Exercise is essential to control your body. Fall prevention research demonstrates that staying active is the #1 way to prevent falls.
- There are 4 types of exercise that you should be doing to prevent falls.
- It doesn’t have to be strenuous but a fall prevention exercise program must include these four different types of movement.
Doing it is easy if you follow the guidelines. Consistency matters and developing a daily routine that fits your lifestyle is easy.
- Invest in your independence by making the time for you.
- Learn. Do. Practice. It’s that easy.
The value of continued independence is priceless so
DON’T WAIT UNTIL YOU FALL!
“This program saved my life. I have learned so much about my body and how to move properly in order to reduce the risk of falls. Thank you.” ~Virginia, age 84
“In this day and age, it’s hard to find a company you can trust. The Fall Prevention Lady was recommended to me by a friend, and now I know why the quality of service I received was outstanding. Keep up the good work!” ~Phyllis G,age 82